IADT has three wireless networks:
eduroam Wireless Network
eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.?eduroam is IADT’s preferred wireless network as this gives the users the greatest level of security. eduroam is a certificate based wireless network so once an IADT staff or student connects to this network they will reconnect without the requirement to authenticate. Re-authentication is only required when an IADT network user changes their network password. By connecting to eduroam in IADT it also allows IADT staff and students to use wireless networks in almost all third level Institutions in Ireland as well as most in the UK and Europe. Guests from other Institutions who have eduroam in their Institution can also use this network.
To find out more view the?promotional video.
If you plan to use eduroam in another institution it’s recommended that you test that eduroam works for you in IADT before you leave. If you can’t get it working here, you’re likely to have problems elsewhere as well.
As long as you are an IADT staff or Student you can set-up eduroam and almost any mobile device that has a working wifi?card installed in it.
Visit?https://cat.eduroam.org/?to begin setting up your device on the eduroam wireless network.
- Click the “eduroam user: download your eduroam installer” button;
- Pick?Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art Design and Technology;
- Choose you Operating System/Device (usually automatic);
- Allow the programme to run;
- Your username is your normal IADT login eg N0001234567 or bloggsj followed by @www.nxshengjin.com so your login should look like this: N0001234567@www.nxshengjin.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and your password is the same as your network or IADT email password.
Note:?Remember when you change your IADT network?password you will have to re-enter it into your mobile device to retain access to the eduroam wifi?network
The use of the Service at IADT shall be governed by the eduroam network terms and conditions contained herein (“the Agreement”). You may only use this Service if you expressly agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement each time you access the Service. Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing the Service.
Users of the service should also be familiar with:
- IADT’s ICT Appropriate and Acceptable Usage Policy
- IADT’s Wireless Network Acceptable Usage Policy
- National eduroam Policy
Service Access & Availability
This Service is provided solely for use by approved eduroam users of? IADT. Approved eduroam users are defined as those who have valid login credentials issued by their home eduroam enabled institution and are members of that institution.
Unauthorized use of this service is strictly prohibited. Individuals who do not have valid eduroam credentials for this system should discontinue all attempts to use the service.
Users will be held accountable for all activities carried out using the eduroam service under their login credentials. Users must not allow their login credentials to be used by any other individual or group.
Access to the Service is completely at the discretion of IADT, and your access to the Service may be blocked, suspended, or terminated at any time. IADT shall not be liable for any damages, losses, cost or expenses caused by or arising out of termination of the Service.
Use of the Service
Users of the service agree to be bound by the IADT’s?ICT Appropriate and Acceptable Usage Policy?+?Wireless Network Acceptable Usage Policy?and agree not to use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement, including but not limited to:
- Use of the Service in a manner which will interfere materially with the continued operation of the Service;
- Use of the Service in any manner that infringes another’s copyrights, patents, trademarks, or intellectual property rights;
- Use of the Service to engage in libel, defamation, harassment, , intentional misrepresentation or fraud, or publication of private information;
- Introducing viruses, trojan horses, worms, or any other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Using the Service to gain illegal or unauthorized access to other computers or networks;
- Attempting to intercept, collect or store data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
- Sending unsolicited messages, “spam”, or “junk mail”;
- Extension of the service to provide service by proxy or other means to other computers/users.
- Users should comply with all relevant IT legislation as outlined in the?ICT A/AUP.
IADT reserves the right to monitor the use of the Service to ensure compliance with this Agreement, IADT’s ICT A/AUP, Wireless AUP or applicable law. IADT reserves the right to monitor transmissions and to collect and use personally identifiable information to assist in provisioning of service and to monitor network health and performance and otherwise solve problems associated with the Service.
Privacy and Security
Security of the Service user’s computers or other networked device is the responsibility of the user. IADT recommends the installation of anti-virus software or personal firewall technology to protect the device from unauthorized access or damage.
IADT Wireless Network
This is a specific wireless network for IADT staff and students. IADT staff and students must authenticate every time they connect to the IADT wireless network.
Connect your mobile device to the?wireless network with SSID IADT WIRELESS.
After?connecting to the IADT?Wirless Network you need to open an internet browser, after a couple of seconds?you will be repointed to a log-in page where you will need to authenticate using your IADT username and password.
Once you have authenticated you can then access the Internet and all IADT’s online resources
NOTE:?IADT’s wireless network, like wifi?networks in public places, is an “un-secure network”, this means that users of the network must take their own precautions in protecting their device and data from any possible security risks
Any Staff and Student can print from their laptop, mobile device or home, as long as the device is connected to the internet.
All a IADT staff or student member needs to do is email the required document for printing email@example.com?as an attachment.
Note: The email must originate from your IADT email.
Full details on how to use this service is available?here
Cube Wireless Network
This network is only available in IADT’s incubation centre?Media Cube and is only available to occupants/clients of the Media Cube.
All indoor areas of the campus should have wireless coverage. If you happen to experience a ‘black spot’ please firstname.lastname@example.org?and we will endeavour to boost that area’s wireless capacity.